1. Rancho Santa Margarita's Canyon Bar and Grille will be hosting two live musical acts Friday and Saturday -- The Drop and the Mercy 4.
2. Are you a mosquito magnet? Researchers have discovered the tiny bloodsuckers prefer some people’s body odor four times as much as others. A study is underway to figure out what factors are involved. Read about it here.
3. Some companies are trying unlimited vacation to keep their workers happy. The good part? Take off whenever you want. The downside? Employees tend to work more during vacation.
4. Ed Nixon will portray his brother at a 10:30 a.m. “Meet President Richard Nixon'' event at the Nixon Library & Museum in Yorba Linda. Attendees will learn about the former president's life and childhood. At noon, the library will unveil its latest exhibit, Air Force One, featuring a 7-foot model of the craft Nixon called “The Spirit of `76.'' A ceremony will be held and will include remarks by Ed Nixon, Dwight Chapin and Frank Gannon.
5. In case you missed the update, a 21-year-old Foothill Ranch man is in custody on suspicion of murdering his 66-year-old stepmother. Read the rest of the story here.