Holiday parties usually revolve around food, but there are ways to keep the accumulation of pounds to a minimum.
Top 10 Holiday Diet Tips:
1. Trim back the trimmings. Trim calories wherever you can so you leave the party feeling satisfied but not stuffed.
2. Wear snug clothes and keep one hand busy. Wearing snug clothing while holding a drink in one hand will make it more difficult to grab food.
3. Chew gum. This works well when you’re trying hard not to dive into the buffet.
4. Be a food snob. If you don’t love it, don’t eat it!
5. No skipping meals. Always eat normally on the day of the party.
6. Check it out. When you arrive at a party, grab a sparkling water with a twist and wait at least 30 minutes before eating.
7. Add fun and games. Take the focus off of food by getting family and friends in games at holiday parties, like dancing or charades.
8. Alternate alcohol with nonalcoholic beverages.
9. Skip the appetizers. Go for the veggies, fruit, salsa or a small handful of nuts.
10. Limit the variety. Choose one or two items if there is a lot of choices. Variety stimulates appetite, so limit your selection.