Name : Carol A. Gamble
Age : 50
Place of residence : Rancho Santa Margarita
Attended college : Yes
College : Rowan University
Degree : BS Business Adminstration & Systems Engineering & Architecture
Year of graduation : 1984
Job titles held : President
Employers : C.A.Gamble & Associates Consulting Engineers
Running for a: Local office
Running for position: City Council of Rancho Santa Margarita, four-year seat
First elected: November 2, 1999
Previous elective offices : RSM City Council Member; Founder & Inaugural Council Member, elected in 1999 and served through 2004; RSM City Council Member Unanimously Appointed, 2011 to present
Unsuccessful bids for elective offices : None
Address 26070 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 100
Name : Carol Gamble
Title : Candidate
Website : www.carolgamble4rsm.com
In these difficult economic times it is imperative we re-elect proven and experienced leaders to our City Council. Our City’s financial and quality of living is precious. It has been meticulously developed and maintained by dedicated leaders that are honored to present their ACCOMPLISHMENTS for you, rather than deceive you with lies and their troubling agendas.
Here's why it is important for you to know the facts:
Many cities in California are in financial turmoil—but not RSM!
- Our City has a balanced budget;
- Finished last year with a $1.2 million surplus; and
- Amassed an astonishing $19 million in reserves,
- The reserves are over 100% of our annual operating budget—safely in our savings account!
Many cities have too many employees and millions in unfunded pension liabilities—but not RSM!
- We are efficient, having only 17 full-time employees;
- We have no unfunded pension liabilities; and
- We blazed the trail with our Pension Reform.
Crime is a major problem in many cities—but not RSM!
- Our City has been ranked by the FBI as the #1 safest California city of its size for two consecutive years.
At a time when our nation, state and many cities are faltering, RSM is thriving. That is why it is important to re-elect City leaders with a proven track record of success—leaders who've demonstrated they possess the wisdom, accountability, maturity and experience to guide our city through these very challenging times.
I am that proven and experienced leader.
- I am your current City Council member.
- I am your former Mayor.
- I led RSM's successful 5-year campaign for Cityhood.
- I served on the first, Inaugural City Council.
- On the Council, formed the first City budget.
- On the Council, established the efficient City staffing.
- On the Council, built the Banderas Bridge.
- On the Council, synchronized traffic signals.
- On the Council, developed our beautiful City Hall and Community Center—on time and under budget!
- Developed the City’s first multi-year financial plan.
- Worked hands-on bringing new businesses to our City.
- I am our City's representative on the O.C. Fire Authority.
- I'm the 17-year Owner/CEO of a successful business.
- I was selected as California’s 2000 Woman of the Year.
- Under my watch, I have NEVER raised your taxes.
If re-elected, I will continue to work to:
- ensure our City remains fiscally strong;
- conduct City business openly and transparently;
- promote robust business and job opportunities;
- maintain public safety as a top priority; and
- ensure we all enjoy a high standard of living.
I am a 24-year resident and the business owner of a Consulting Engineering firm. I respectfully request and would appreciate your vote for the opportunity to continue to successfully lead Rancho Santa Margarita.