Below is the candidate statement for Carol Gamble, one of three residents vying for one of the two four-year seats on the Rancho Santa Margarita City Council in the November general election.
The statement is unedited (bullet points were added to denote indented material), and can be challenged for matters of fact through Aug. 25.
Here are links to all candidates for RSM City Council:
In these difficult economic times it is imperative we keep proven and experienced leaders on our City Council. Here's why;
Many cities in California are in financial turmoil – but not RSM!
- Our City has a balanced budget;
- Finished last year with a $1.2 million surplus; and
- Amassed an astonishing $19 million in reserves!
Many cities have too many employees and millions in unfunded pension liabilities – but not RSM!
- We are efficient, having only 17 full time employees;
- We have no unfunded pension liabilities; and
- We blazed the trail with our Pension Reform.
Crime is a major problem in many cities – but not RSM!
- Our City has been ranked by the FBI as the #1 safest
- California city of its size for two consecutive years.
At a time when our nation, state and many cities are faltering, RSM is thriving. That is why it is important to re-elect City leaders with a proven track record of success - leaders who've demonstrated they possess the wisdom, accountability, maturity and experience to guide our city through these very challenging times.
I am that proven and experienced leader.
I am your current City Council member.
I am your former Mayor.
I led RSM's successful 5 year campaign for Cityhood.
I served on the inaugural City Council.
On the Council, formed the first City budget. On the Council, established the efficient City staffing.
On the Council, built the Banderas Bridge.
On the Council, synchronized traffic signals.
On the Council, developed our beautiful City Hall and
Community Center…on time and under budget!
Developed the City’s first multi-year financial plan.
Worked hands-on bringing new businesses to our City.
I am our City's representative on the O.C. Fire Authority.
I'm the 17 year Owner/CEO of a successful business.
I was selected as California’s 2000 Woman of the Year.
Under my watch, I have never raised your taxes.
If re-elected, I will continue to work to:
- ensure our City remains fiscally strong;
- conduct City business openly and transparently;
- promote robust business and job opportunities;
- maintain public safety as a top priority; and
- ensure we all enjoy a high standard of living.
I am a 24 year resident and the business owner of a Consulting Engineering firm. I respectfully request and would appreciate your vote for the opportunity to continue to successfully lead Rancho Santa Margarita.
To find out more, go to www.CarolGamble4RSM.com