Below is the candidate statement for Kenney Hrabik, one of three residents vying for one of the two four-year seats on the Rancho Santa Margarita City Council in the November general election.
The statement is unedited (bullet points were added to denote indented material), and can be challenged for matters of fact through Aug. 25.
Here are links to all candidates for RSM City Council:
KENNEY HRABIK 50
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA BUSINESS OWNER
CITY OF RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA MEMBER OF THE CITY COUNCIL
I am a Conservative RSM Business Owner and Employer. My 26 year business experience would be an asset to our current City Council. I would work to fill our empty storefronts with quality businesses that would expand our existing economic base and create local jobs. I would be a Watchdog to your Tax Dollars!
I love Rancho but we can do better! Here Is my commitment to Rancho:
- Fight for the Rancho Santa Margarita Taxpayers
- End Benefits Paid to Part-Time City Council Members
- Disclose Benefits Paid from Boards and Commissions
- Always keep Public Safety as my Highest Priority
- Protect our Children from Sex Offenders and Predators
- Bring Conservative Disciplined Fiscal Responsibility
- Maintain a Balanced Budget and Protect Reserves
- Operate a Lean Limited Transparent Government
- Create Economic Development and Business Retention
- Recruit Quality Businesses Creating Local Jobs
- Assure RSM has a Pro-Business Friendly Environment
- Cut Fees and Regulatory Bureaucratic Red Tape
- I Will Never Vote to Raise Fees or Taxes
- Oppose Annexation of Coto de Caza
- Complete Development of Chiquita Ridge Sports Park
- Install Term Limits for City Council Members
When the recession started and I saw so many of Rancho families out of work, I moved my business to RSM. I have been able to expand and take on extra projects that have added dozens of jobs to our local economy.
My family is a reflection of a typical RSM family. I have a beautiful wife, four children, and one dog. We have called Rancho home since 1991. My family is actively involved in all the programs the public schools, local sports, AYSO, and community activities have to offer. We worship, work and play in this great area. I would bring fresh ideas for more family activities within our city. Strong families build strong communities.
I am honored to have the support of our Assemblyman Jeff Miller, the first statewide co-chair of Jessica’s Law; and our Councilman, Jesse Petrilla, currently fighting in Afghanistan. I also have the support of Don Sedgwick, Saddleback Valley Unified School District. I need your vote and support
I respectfully ask for your vote for City Council.
Editor's note: According to the office of the city clerk, the third line—underneath the one that lists occupation—should list the seat pursued by the candidate and fully read "CITY OF RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA MEMBER OF THE CITY COUNCIL, FULL TERM"