Below is the candidate statement for Tony Beall, one of three residents vying for one of the two four-year seats on the Rancho Santa Margarita City Council in the November general election.
The statement is unedited (bullet points were added to denote indented material), and can be challenged for matters of fact through Aug. 25.
Here are links to all candidates for RSM City Council:
MAYOR, CITY OF RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA
We need dedicated, experienced, proven leaders on our City Council -- especially during these uncertain economic times. Here’s why.
At a time when our nation, state and many local government agencies are drowning in debt and deficits, our city continues to thrive:
RSM is Safe.
- Our City has been ranked by the FBI as the #1 safest California City of its size for two consecutive years.
RSM is Financially Strong.
- Our City has a balanced budget;
- Finished last year with $1.2 million dollar surplus; and
- We’ve saved $19 million in reserves.
RSM Adopted Pension Reform.
- Our City was one of California's first to adopt Pension Reform to ensure future solvency and sustainability.
RSM Promotes Transparent Open Government.
- We earned the prestigious Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting.
- We redesigned our City website to add:
- Live audio streaming to allow residents to listen to meetings;
- E-comment feature allowing residents to electronically submit comments/questions;
- Audit Results for every Mello-Roos district to promote accountability;
- Mello-Roos Search Tool to assist every resident.
RSM Provides a Special Quality of Life.
- Named “Best Family-Friendly City” by Parenting OC Magazine.
- Synchronized street lights to reduce traffic.
- Sponsored popular series of free summer concerts.
- Attracted many new businesses to RSM -- including In-N-Out Burger!
I’m proud to serve as your Mayor – and of all we’ve accomplished. Thanks to years of hard work, our city is strong and its future bright.
Upon re-election, my primary goals are to maintain our City’s financial security and enhance our special quality of life. I’ll ensure you’re always protected by the finest police and firefighting forces. I’ll continue to support policies promoting:
- lower taxes;
- conservative fiscal policies;
- strong families;
- vibrant local businesses;
- reduced traffic; and
- safe neighborhoods and parks.
I am well qualified to serve, receiving my undergraduate degree from UCLA and J.D. from Loyola Law School. I'm a licensed attorney who has been practicing real estate transactional law in California for 25 years.
My wife and I celebrate our 25th Anniversary this year – and for 24 years, as the parents of four children, we've been proud to call Rancho Santa Margarita home.
I respectfully ask for your vote and continued support.