The Santa Margarita Water District (SMWD) invites all high school seniors living within the District’s service area to apply for the Jim Mizell Memorial Water and Environmental Scholarship Program. The scholarship is designed for graduating students who are interested in pursuing their studies for a career in science, engineering, finance or environmental studies within the water industry.
The Jim Mizell Water and Environmental Scholarship Program will provide five successful graduating high school applicants with awards of academic assistance of $1,000 to be paid directly to their junior college, four-year college or university.
- Five (5) recipients
- $1,000 each paid directly to the students’ school
- Recipient must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must currently reside within the Santa Margarita Water District service area.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale) in all completed courses.
- Student must intend to major in a discipline related to water, engineering, biological, social or physical sciences, mathematics, finance, accounting, business administration or environmental studies.
- Must submit an application, personal statement, teacher or counselor reference, and transcript.
Application deadline is March 31, 2013. Applications and reference forms can be downloaded at SMWD.com. Students may also contact their high school counseling department.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions or contact Michele Miller at 949-459-6548.