Today marks the first day of the National Letter of Intent signing period for high school athletes who want to make their college commitment binding.
Athletes from Orange County and across the nation will be signing forms and faxing them to their college of choice.
Santa Margarita had 11 athletes who made that decision on Wednesday, including golfing sensation Beau Hossler.
Hossler, who has competed in two U.S. Opens—and briefly led this year's event—has signed with Texas.
Athletes in the following sports can make their commitment today: baseball, basketball, golf, lacrosse, softball, swimming, tennis, volleyball, girls' water polo and wrestling.
Other Santa Margarita athletes who signed Wednesday are:
- Emily Loughlin, women's water polo, with California
- Morgan Martinez, women's water polo, with UC Irvine
- Matt Murphy, golf, with Cal State Fullerton
- Garrett Parsons, lacrosse, with Mercer
- Austin Ponzi, baseball, with Long Beach State
- Jackie Villareal, women's water polo, with San Diego State
Here are the six JSerra Catholic High School student athletes who committed to colleges:
- Amy Buff,volleyball with CSU Monterey Bay
- John Montgomery, baseball, with East Michigan University,
- Dane McFarland, baseball, with Oregon
- Cole Schleppy, lacrosse, with Providence College
- Madison Myers-Cook, softball, with George Washington University
Here is an athlete from Trabuco Hills who has signed:
- Jordan Marthens, diving, with Boise State
Other athletes who have committed (but we don't have their photos):
- Rachel Hartman, Tesoro High catcher, signed with Iowa State for softball.
Know of anyone who's signing? Upload a photo with their sport, high school and college of choice.